- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local, Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Languages offered on activity/tour:English Spanish Italian
ITINERARYHotel pick-up in air conditioned mini van. Introduction comments about the context of favelas in Rio city and Brazil.Arriving in Rocinha, explanation about the architecture, public services, local cultural aspects, carnival etc...
- Visiting the Rocinha handcraft center.
- Going to a local terrace, pause for pictures and images of a breathtaking view over Rocinha and Rio, talks about the security, local infrastructure and other aspects of favelas and favela life.
- Driving down through the "Estrada da Gávea", a former F1 race track.
- Walking on the commercial and central area.Visiting the "MORANGUINHOS" or "SACI SABE TUDO" community schools. These social projects are financed by FAVELA TOUR. Besides regular classes, the school teaches local kids initial computer skills, English classes, music, capoeira, ballet classes etc... These projects have absolutely no financial support from Brazilian government.
- Arriving in Vila Canoas, walk through the community through its narrow alleyways, optional stop for a drink in a local "buteco". Stop at the local community square. Informations about the "Favela Bairro" urbanization project and other initiatives carried out for the benefit of local residents. Return to the hotel through all the south zone beaches.
- Final talks.
PICKUP & DROPOFF
- Hotels (no Hostels or B&B) located in Copacabana, Leme, Ipanema, Leblon
- Hotel pickups are between 8:20 and 9:00. The exact time will be informed by the reception of your hotel on the day before or contact us.
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Up to 24hs in advance, there is no cancellation fee.
- Cancellations with less than 24hs will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
Please use one of the contacts below in case you have a question or an emergency.