- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional local guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English Spanish Portuguese - German & French upon request
The tour begins at 9am at the lobby of the Hilton Copacabana Hotel, Our guide takes you to Praça XV , downtown. At Praça XV the "Paço Imperial", headquarter palace of the brazilian empire is located. You'll realize that Rio was the capital of the Portuguese Kingdom for 13 years, that Peter, son of the portuguese king declared Brazil independent from Portugal, and much more of the only empire of the southern hemisphere.
Walking along historical streets you'll see unique colonial buildings, ancient barroque churches and feel the soul of Brazil during the 19th century. On the way we'll see the olympic pyre, a piece of art by Alexander Howe. The visit to the Monastery of São Bento from 1602 and it's Mont Serrat church is an unforgetable experience, specially on sundays when during the holy mass, the monks sing gregorian chor. Continuing our tour we'll leave the 16th and 19th century and dive directly into the 21st . We'll visit the Museum of Tomorrow, designed by the spanish architect Santiago Calatrava. It looks like a space ship jutting into the sky of the old port of Rio. The exhibition is a captivating invitation to imagine a sustainable world. Before bringing you back to the hotel, our guide will walk with you along the olympic boulevard and show your the biggest mural in the world,,with 3000 square meters, Ethnicities by Eduardo Kobra . Return to the hotel. Optional is a visit to the very close Aquario , the biggest aquarium in Latin America.
- Lobby of the Hilton Copacabana Hotel - Av. Atlantica 1020 - Copacabana
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fee at Museum of tomorrow
- Professional guide
- Transport by private or public air-conditioned coach/tram
- At least 1 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee.
- Cancellations with less than 1 calendar days in advance, you will be charged 100%.